Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Review: NARS Sheer Glow Foundation!

This foundation is pretty much exactly what I expected. I am so in love with it. I have been wearing it every day.. work and all since I purchased it despite the $42+ 10% sales tax price tag. I usually save my pricey foundations for the weekend but I just love the way this foundation makes me skin look that I can't help but want to wear it every day. Barcelona is a dead on color match for me. It has a strong yellow undertone, which is so hard to find in so many foundations. Foundations that have too much of a beige tone make me look gray and foundations with any trace of pink makes my face look red/orange. Perfect, perfect, perfect!

PROS:
Perfect MAC NC 40 color match (matches my neck to the T)
Natural, radiant/luminous satin finish (slightly dewy finish if I applied moisturizer)
Medium coverage that is buildable
Creamy texture, making it easy to apply and blend
Long-lasting (from morning till bedtime)
Doesn't look heavy/cakey
Doesn't break me out
Photographs well (no white cast)

CONS:
Settles into my laugh/frown lines around my mouth (Update: Now I only smooth the residue from my foundation brush over those areas to minimize the settling + powder the area)
Slightly oily; forehead and nose get a little shiny if I don't powder my face. So, I usually always powder with this.

 It reminds me a bit of Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk, but with more coverage. Absolutely love this foundation and it is my new HG!





 

Also, be sure to check out my post for Nars Sheer Glow in the shade Stromboli (a perfect shade for nc30-35). Click here.

Here's a photo of me wearing Nars Sheer Glow (In the shade Stromboli)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive