Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Review: Make Up Forever (MUFE) Matt Velvet + Foundation!

I've been using this foundation for a couple of years now.. but I've had several requests asking how I liked the foundation and what shade I use. So I thought I'd go over the foundation and my thoughts about it!

What it is:
A shine controlling, oil-free, water-resistant, complete coverage liquid foundation.
*What it is formulated to:
Hides imperfections, evens out skin tone, and mattifies with a non-oily, perfectly powdered finish. The result is flawless and lasts for hours.
*What else you need to know:
Although this foundation provides full coverage, the end result is completely adjustable to fit your needs - a little goes a long way.
(Source: Sephora.com)

These are the color matches for the NC30-NC42 range. (I'm in the NC35-40 range)
#30 - For medium skin with beige/neutral undertones. Suitable for NC30 and lighter.
#35 - For medium skin with yellow/beige undertones. Suitable for NC30-NC37.
#40 - For medium-light skin with yellow undertones. Suitable for NC30. (Yes, the numbers can be confusing- it actually appears a little lighter than 35.. but more yellow.)
#45 has a beige pink tone and #50 has a pink undertone.. more suited for NW.
#55 - For medium-deep skin with beige/neutral undertones. Suitable for NC40-NC42.
#60 is for medium deep skin w/ beige/pink undertone.. again, better suited for NW.
#65 - For medium skin with yellow undertones. Suitable for NC40-NC43.

MUFE drives me crazy with how they label the shades on their products. The numbers have faded off every single MUFE product I own.. so I'm not sure ever which shade to purchase when I run out.. I'm debating whether the bottle I have currently is #35 or #40. I wouldn't bet my life on it.. but I'm guessing it's #40. I won't know unless I go to Sephora and check it out for sure. (I'll keep you updated)


The amazing Karla has all of the shades swatched.

My Review: This foundation use to be one of my favorites, but I don't reach for it as much anymore because I lean more towards satiny/dewy foundations now. This foundation is really good for combination and oily skin types as the finish is completely matte. I find that I must moisturize my skin very well before applying this foundation otherwise it doesn't spread well. Even when I properly moisturize, I find that this foundation dries very quickly and doesn't give me enough time to spread around my face.. therefore I end up using lots and lots of foundation - and I end up running out way too fast. This makes me beleive (and it is, because it states it on the MUFE website) that this foundation is mainly for oily skin. My skin is normal, but I tend to get an oily t-zone by the evening.. so I thought I'd give this foundation a shot. I do love this foundation.. It's a wonderful medium - buildable to full coverage foundation that doesn't cake, look heavy or patchy. I don't have to powder when I use this and I don't get oily at all. It's somewhat comparable to Estee Lauder Double Wear.. but it's a little more natural (on me at least). A good way to tone down this foundation is by applying it with a damp sponge (or dry sponge for oily) or mixing it with a little bit of a moisturizer. Overall, I do love this foundation and will continue repurchasing it. It doesn't irritate my skin and it hasn't broken me out (it's oil free!). It's also great for the summertime as it's water resistant!

Hope you found this review helpful!
Chat with you soon...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive