Monday, January 25, 2010

Review: Revlon PhotoReady Foundation.

There has been such a huge hype about the new Revlon Photo Ready Foundation. A lot of people have compared it to Make Up Forever HD Foundation because its photographing capabilities. This foundation only comes in 9 shades. I was lucky to find a match. I was pretty torn between 006 Medium Beige or 008 Golden Beige. Before going to the store, I had it in my head that I was going to purchase 008. But, when I actually looked at the bottles, 006 looked darker and more yellow. Golden Beiege008 looked more neutral and beige. So, I ended up choosing 006. It's a good color match for my (MAC) NC40 skin tone. I'm sure it can match NC35-37 as well. I read many reviews and they were pretty mixed. Many people said its overly shimmery, and others said they didn't notice any shimmer whatsoever. When I swatched the color on my wrist and really blended it into my skin, I can noticeably see lots of shimmer. More shimmer than I've ever seen in a foundation. Once on my face, I didn't notice any until hours later the shimmer started to show. I don't think I mind it too much. I think I would like it more without the shimmer because I really don't like to have shimmer ALL over my face. I definitely wouldn't use a highlighter. The coverage is buildable medium and for me it dried to a semi matte. It wasn't very dewy or shiny & I didn't need to powder my face. The lasting power is good.. it lasted me a full day with no blotchiness. It didn't get oily on me either except my nose gets a little shiny by the end of the day. I'm pretty happy with it. It's pretty good for a drugstore foundation. I purchased this at ULTA for $13.99. Right now I'm going to give it a 4 out of 5. I will keep you updated with what I think about this! I'm going to wear it for a few more days.






Here's me at work today wearing Revlon PhotoReady



Update: I love the way this foundation looks when it's first applied.. but I don't love the way my face looks a few hours later. I find that the color oxidizes a little bit and in the daylight after it oxidizes, I look orange. This foundation has great coverage and a pretty finish.. but it's not HG material for me. I will probably finish up the bottle.. but I'm unsure if I'd repurchase. I wouldn't say this is a must have and I wouldn't say it's a bad foundation. If you find this foundation for a very good price.. try it out for yourself! ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive