Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Review: Bobbi Brown Corrector (Peach & Light Peach Swatches)

Bobbi Brown Corrector


(Image Source: Oprah.com)

What is it? "For very dark circles and extra coverage, Bobbi's secret is her Correctors. Use daily or just when you need extra coverage. Designed to be layered under your yellow-based Creamy Concealer shade, Correctors come in a range of twelve Bisque and Peach shades." - bobbibrown.com

The current rating on Makeupalley.com is 4.3/5 with an 85% re-purchase rate, based on 300+ reviews. Click
here to read the reviews.






I originally purchased the shade Peach, which pretty much matched my skin perfectly. My only concern though was, I like my concealer to be lighter than my face so my under-eyes look brighter. Peach was like the same color depth as my face. I would compare it to MAC NW30 Studio Finish Concealer (in depth only). Also, we all know that I self tan daily, SO, it matches me when I'm tan. But, If my face isn't tan, then I'll be applying a concealer under my eyes that is darker than my skin tone. Luckily, I bought a defective one and the pan kept falling out. So the following day I exchanged it for Light Peach.





my dark circles are completely covered. :)

This is a really good shade for me. I would compare it to MAC NW25 (which is the shade I use for MAC concealers).. it could be slightly lighter. VERY slightly. I apply a little with my MAC 224 and buff it in my under eyes, or apply it with my fingers and blend. The texture is extremely soft, creamy and non greasy. (Which was actually a surprise to me, because I thought it was going to be heavy and thick feeling) Once applied to the skin, it doesn't look heavy. It looks like a light liquid concealer on the skin. I find that the less you apply, the better. Considering this is only your corrector, you only need the tiniest bit to correct the color under your eyes, and leave it all to your concealer to do the work of concealing. I've been using this with my MAC Select Cover Up in NW25. At first, I was applying too much and it was caking, then I realized that I didn't need much. It really does add extra coverage to my concealer. If you have very minor dark circles, this may possibly cover them completely, along with your foundation.

Have you tried this? Whats your MAC coloring and what shade do you use in the corrector? 

I'm also very interested in trying Bobbi Brown Concealers. Do you recommend any??

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive