Monday, January 25, 2010

Review: Covergirl Lash Blast Luxe Mascara!

Happy Monday! :)

I wanted to share my opinion about
Covergirl's Lash Blast Luxe. I was at ULTA this weekend to pick up a couple of things including a tube of Lash Blast (original) and they were out of stock. The only shades they had were Black Brown and Brown. I saw that there were a ton of Lash Blast Luxe in stock. I wasn't sure whether to get it or not for a few reasons. 1) I was unaware of exactly how shimmery this mascara is; I didn't want mascara with glitter in it. 2) I was unaware of how BLACK it is. I like my mascara to be the blackest black. 3) I wasn't sure if the formula was exactly the same as the original lash blast. I wanted the same formula (I didn't care for Lash Blast Length) Well anyways, I decided to try it. It comes in four shades. Black Platinum, Black Cabernet, Black Royale & Black Emerald. I chose Black Platinum; the darkest shade. When I opened the tube, I wasn't too happy with how black it is. Its more of a dark charcoal grey black with teeny tiny bits of shimmer. It's not overly shimmery. It's definitely not glittery. Its the same kind of shimmer you would see in a face illuminator/highlighter. Once applied, it was super black.. I was very happy that It didn't look like I had charcoal colored lashes & I couldn't tell that it was shimmery.. only if I stared at my eyes 1 inch away from my compact mirror could I see a few specks of shimmer. I was also very pleased to see that the formula is indeed the same. I got major volume (don't you love a new tube of mascara?) I would definitely repurchase this mascara and possibly even purchase it over the original. Bravo Covergirl, I give you 5/5 stars!






This isn't the greatest picture, but it's a smear on my hand to show the true color and shimmer.

1/26: Here are a couple requested photos of me wearing the mascara. My lashes are completely bare prior to application. I'm not wearing a base, and I did not curl my lashes.


Have you tried this mascara? What are your thoughts? Did you notice any difference?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive