Sunday, September 20, 2009

My Back to MAC Lipstick - High Tea!

I got my back to mac lipstick last night! I was planning on getting peachstock, but I didn't realize it's a PRO color. :( I also had some others in mind.. hug me, blankety, pervette, jubilee and creme cup. I'm unsure of blankety because it looks like a pinkish mauve and I really don't like mauve on my lips. It tends to make them look grayish colored. Jubilee looked a lot darker in person. Almost like a mocha color. No other colors seemed all that great to me. I was just going to buy a back up of Hue. Then, I saw High Tea. It's a lipstick I've always wondered about, but I thought it was a frost for some reason and I don't like frosted lipsticks. Its actually a luster. I compared it to freckletone, and although it looks very similar, it has a hint of pink with a little bit of a frost/sparkle to it. I figured since freckletone is one of my favorites, high tea was worth a try.


This picture is extremely accurate. It looks just like this in person.






My overall thoughts.. It extremely creamy and moisturizing on the lips.. that's something I really love about luster lipsticks. My lips don't at all look frosty, it just has a hint of sparkle to it. Its a very natural color and it's sheer, so I can see a little bit of my lip color through. I like my lips to be a little lighter, so I think I would apply a little foundation to my lips prior to application of the lipstick. I'm unsure as of right now If I'd be repurchasing this color. I have to keep testing it out. :)


Do you have High Tea? How do you like it?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive