Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Review: Hard Candy Cosmetics Fire Alarm Lipstick. The perfect pink lipstick! + Photos & Swatches!

I was shopping at Wal-mart the other day and came across a large display of Hard Candy Cosmetics. Hard Candy is a somewhat familiar brand to me.. but I never knew it was sold at Wal-mart! And, I never knew how affordable it is in comparison to high end cosmetics. Everything looked so pretty.. there are lots of vibrant colors and the packaging is very cute. Most of the cosmetics are $5.00 and $6.00, some go up to $9.00.

I ended up getting a lipstick in the
shade Fire Alarm #200 and a Plexi Gloss Glossy Lip Shine in the shade Diamond (clear) #173. The gloss was $5 and the lipstick was $6.

 

Here are a couple of swatches..

Here are my lips lined with MAC Stripdown lip liner pencil and Hard Candy Fire Alarm lipstick.
Pictured left: The lipstick alone Pictured right: With the clear gloss applied over the lipstick

Review: The texture is extremely slippery. It has the same texture as NYX Round lipsticks. It feels really lightweight and buttery soft and creamy to the touch. When I rub my lips together after I've applied the lipstick, it has a very thin, slippery feeling.. almost like a lip balm. Its so feathery light, that it feels like nothing at all is on my lips. You can build the coverage from sheer to very pigmented. I only need a couple swipes and the color is perfect for me. It didn't accentuate any dryness in my lips or look like concealer. But I'm sure if my lips are dry.. because it's such a light pink - It may accentuate dryness. I recommend exfoliating your lips or applying a balm prior to this lipstick. It actually reminds me of MAC Hue, which is my favorite pink lip stick.. if applied very lightly. (The more you apply.. the more opaque and light pink your lips look. With a couple swipes.. you have a nice wash of pink to your lips). It even looks a bit like MAC Florabundance Lipglass. It's not too light... just the perfect pink.


As for the clear gloss, I'm really liking it too. It's not at all sticky or gel-like. It's very liquidy and moisturizing & adds a great shine to my lips.

Both were great purchases, and I'll be looking forward to purchasing more Hard Candy! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive