Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Hair: Beach Waves with a Flat Iron!

I was browsing on youtube, and I came across a bunch of beach wave tutorials.. There are SO many video tutorials on how to do this. I ended up watching this one! 

So, I tried it out for myself with my 1" Jibere flat iron! 

Just take a 1" strand of hair at a time, bring the straightener to the end of the strand, and curl it away from your face. Hold it in place for a few secs, and do the same thing all the way up the strand. Just keep wrapping your hair around the iron.
   
I didn't use any products, for this - but it would be a very good idea to use a heat protector if you have one to lessen the heat damage to your hair. Also, if you want your waves more defined, you can finish your hair off with a finishing cream or balm. I didn't do it perfectly because I really wanted to make it look beachy and natural. I love the look and it's so simple to do! I will try doing this again for a night out. I also went for a more natural, summery makeup today. I had my hair halfway, but then I took it down. 

 
 
FACE: Make Up Forever Face and Body Foundation #34(Perfect light, summer foundation!
Ben Nye Blue Neutralizer Concealer
Chanel Bronze Universel Bronzer

EYES: Yves Saint Laurent Faux Cils Mascara 
Urban Decay "Midnight Cowboy" eye shadow 
(in the corners of my eyes near my tear ducts)

BROWS: Urban Decay Twice Baked Eyeshadow (Yes, this e/s has shimmer.. but it doesn't show up unless applied heavily)
 
LIPS: MAC Spice Lip Liner pencil 
MAC Sandy B lipstick

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive