Monday, July 4, 2011

My Top 9 Favorite Warm-toned Blushes!

Assorted MAC Blushes
All Blushes in the same order as above photo. Clockwise from bottom right: Pleasureful Blushcreme, Coppertone, Eversun, Margin, Sunbasque, Gingerly.
Assorted Blushes
When it comes to blushes - warm colors always draw me in the most. I suppose it's because of my warm NC30-NC40 skintone that nothing quite flatters me like a warm, spicy bronze. I've accumulated quite a few, swapped away several of them and held onto my favorites. It's a bit of a coincidence the majority of the blushes in my collection are MAC - but I really love MAC blushes and wish I can own them all!

My favorite way to wear these blushes is with browns, bronzes and gold on the eyes and coral on the lips.

Perhaps a little something like this? Alright, maybe a little dramatic, but the look is gorgeous!
[Source: http://www.eaumg.net/tag/sexy-makeup]
  • MAC MARGIN is a peachy red-pink with very fine multi-colored shimmer and frost. It's pratically identical to Sunbasque, but has a bit of a pink tone, which Sunbasque is absent of. Although it has a frost finish, I don't find it to be too frosty - somewhat similar to an MSF, maybe even a little more subtle.
  • MAC SUNBASQUE is a peachy-red with loads of multi-colored fine shimmer. This was one of my first MAC blush purchases a few years back after finding out it was one of Jessica Burciaga's favorites! It's one of my all time favorites.
  • MAC GINGERLY is a velvety matte (it's actually a Sheertone, and it does have a couple of extra fine sparkles - but they are basically non-existent) brick red with a slight orange/rosy tone. It's really similar to Coppertone, but Coppertone has a stronger red tone and no pink tones.
  • MAC COPPERTONE is a matte, brick red with a bit of an orange/peach tone. It was one of my first MAC blushes, if not my first MAC blush and I love it!
  • MAC EVERSUN (limited edition) is a golden bronze with red undertones and slight shimmer. Originally I thought Eversun would be a great bronzer by the looks of it in the pan, but it's a bit tricky - because once it hits my cheeks, the red tones really come out. The shimmer is very subtle and hardly noticeable once applied.
  • MAC PLEASUREFUL BLUSHCREME (discontinued) is a slightly reddened pink-peach that gives a very natural, dewy flush of color to the cheeks.
  • MAC SO CEYLON MINERALIZE SKINFINISH is a pinked copper-bronze with deep golden veining. It contains very fine pink/multi-colored shimmer and looks a bit frosty on the cheeks.
  • NARS LOVEJOY is a rosy-bronze with lots of fine, golden shimmer. Although it looks ultra shimmery in the pan, it's not as intense on the cheeks.
  • MAKE UP FOREVER HD #10 is an intense, warm red. When blended out, it creates a beautiful copper color that looks amazing on the cheeks.
Heavy swatches on NC30 skin [click to view larger]
What are some of your favorites?

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    Blog Archive