Monday, November 22, 2010

Review: Make Up Forever (MUFE) HD Creme Blush + Swatches!

Make up Forever's HD Creme Blush is something I've been wanting to try ever since they've been launched.  So I finally broke down and purchased one. When it comes to blushes, I always gravitate towards warm colors.. and number 10 (Skinny Dipping) looked like the perfect color for me. It's like a warm, spicy mocha. A very flattering color for medium/tan skin tones.

Unblended (The color is warmer in person.. red/brown )
Blended (Accurate)
The price is $25 for a .33 fl oz tube (compared to MAC creme blushes are $18.50 for a .21 oz pot). The blush comes in a thick plastic tube with a pump.. which is great for sanitary purposes and so the product doesn't dry out. You have to be careful not to pump out a lot, as you may waste product. I'm not 100% sure if the container opens up, but I tried to twist it and it didn't budge. I like to apply it by smoothing a tiny dab on my hand (or a clean palette) and dab my blush brush into the product and from the top of my cheek I dab the product on my cheeks going downward. Then, buff the color in light, circular motions until it is all blended. If I noticed the color is too intense, I'll use my foundation brush (with foundation residue) and run it lightly over the area. The pigmentation is very good & the color blends very well without looking patchy. The consistency isn't too thick or thin. It doesn't leave my cheeks sticky or oily. The color is long lasting and doesn't seem to fade like my MAC blushcremes tend to do. I've been wearing this for three days in a row now and I'm loving it! I would definitely purchase other colors in the future.
View all shades at Sephora here.

Have you tried any MUFE HD blushes? What were your thoughts? I'll be posting a FOTD wearing this blush shortly..

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive