Monday, March 1, 2010

NARS Night Clubbing Eye Shadow + Photos & Swatches!

I'm on a complete NARS craze. I got my first single eye shadow and I think it may be my favorite eyeshadow I own, or at least in the top 3.

NARS (powder) eye shadows are broken down into 3 categories.

The Matte Collection: Ultra velvet, non shimmering shades with high pay off. Great for lining & creating depth.

The Shimmer Collection: Rich, soft, lustrous shades with a subtle sheen.

The Nightlife Collection: Ultra velvet shades with tone on tone sparkling effects & high pay off.

Night Clubbing falls into the Nightlife shades. It is a rich black with golden shimmer. With the mixture of gold and black, it sort of plays tricks on your eyes and makes it appear olive colored. Olive is the color you would get from mixing black and yellow/gold together. The payoff is absolutely amazing. To get the swatch I only had to touch the eye shadow I didn't even have to swipe my finger across it. It is very intense. You could also intensify the color by applying it wet. I bet this would make a pretty amazing liner applied wet.
I'm wearing it today smudged into my black liner and I'm in love :)







How beautiful is this!? The pigmentation is crazy!



The color somewhat reminds me of MAC Gilt By Association or MAC Carbon with Antiqued Gold Pigment over it.


I'm so excited to get my hands on more NARS. Some eye shadows I've got my eyes on next are:
Ashes to Ashes, Baby Girl, Cairo, Fathom, Fez, Galapagos, Mekong, Night Porter & Voyage.


Here are some pretty awesome swatches of the Night Collection I found..



Do you have any favorites????

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive