Monday, February 14, 2011

Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics (OCC) Lip Tars in the shades Trick, Hush and Divine!

Ever since purchasing my Obsessive Compulsive Lip Tar in "Cha Cha" a few months back, I knew right away I wanted to purchase more.


So like I mentioned in my haul post this past Wednesday, I caved in and purchased three more lip tars. I wanted to purchase shades that don't require mixing and are practical for every day.


After going through countless swatches of lip tars via google, I decided I liked Trick, Hush and Divine the most.
These are the descriptions of the colors directly from the OCC website.
Trick- Creme Beige Neutral
Hush- Antique, Bridal Pink
Divine- Vivid, Pink Flamingo

Initial Reactions to the colors - When I opened up my package, I was a little hesitant with the way the colors looked in the tube. I typically don't like mauve lip colors because they dull my lips, and Hush looked a little mauve. Also, Trick looked darker (more brown) that what I was expecting and Divine looked less pink (what I expected) and more neon coral.

Swatches from Left to Right: Hush, Trick & Divine.  The top two (2) photos are taken indoors with a flash & the bottom two (2) photos are taken indoors, daylight with no flash.

Final Thoughts - Once I applied each of the colors to my lips, my initial thoughts had all gone away. I love all three of these lip tars and I'm happy I picked the ones I did. I've been wearing Hush just about every day. It looks beautiful applied very sheer, mixed with a little bit of clear gloss. I recommend priming your lips with a little bit of lip balm before applying the lip tar. Even though they are glossy, they have a lipstick-like finish. When applied thin, the lip tar dries to a matte. When I'm out and need a quick touch up, I take the tube and put one dot of lip tar on my lips (I don't squeeze the tube, or it will be too much!! I just use the residue left on the tip) and then blend it with my finger or blend it with a lip gloss wand (I've been using clear lip gloss to give it shine). The result is beautiful! I was nervous that Hush was going to make me look dull, but it doesn't at all. Even though I own several pink lipsticks in my collection, I don't believe I own anything exactly like Hush. To brighten up the color and make it more pink, I add one dot of Divine. Definitely a favorite color combo! As for Trick, I am very happy that it didn't turn out as dark as it looks in the tube. I would like it to be a touch lighter, so I may experiment with color combos (such as MAC Myth or Fleshpot mixed with it). So far, I've tried it with Cha Cha, and it tones down and brightens the color. That's the combo I'll probably be using for now. I've seen Trick mixed with Feathered (a true white) and it looks beautiful! I may order Feathered sometime in the future to see. Trick would be a beautiful warm nude for medium & dark complexions. 

I found Trick to be a difficult color to find swatches for, so I swatched it next to a few other lip colors I own that are similar for comparison.
From Left to Right: OCC Trick Lip Tar, MAC Peachstock, MAC Freckletone and NARS Honolulu Honey.

Out of the bunch swatched, Trick resembles MAC Peachstock the most (they share the same undertone). Although, Trick is deeper than Peachstock. If you add white to Trick, I'm sure it would be a Peachstock dupe. Freckletone comes in 2nd as a near dupe, only Freckletone has a little more of a yellow/orangy tone. Honolulu Honey is in the same category with Freckletone and is much more yellow toned than Trick. It's funny because Trick seems to dark and orange/brown toned in the tube.. but once it's smoothed out, you notice that it has a definite pinkish undertone.
This was me a few days ago wearing Divine. You can see what Hush looks like on my lips by checking out my post right before this one! (or click here)

View all 33 shades directly on Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics website by clicking here.
Subscribe to OCC's twitter by clicking here

Disclaimer: I am in no way affiliated with Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive